Become A Student
A Sneak Peek at a Breakthrough Summer
There is nothing else quite like Breakthrough – check out this video to get a taste of the Breakthrough spirit in a typical summer!
- In 6th grade?
- Interested in attending college?
- Academically motivated and ready to explore your potential for further success?
- Committed to staying involved with Breakthrough learning and fun for three years?
Do any of the following apply to you?*
- Will be the first in your family to earn a college degree
- Eligible for federal free or reduced lunch
- Identify as an underrepresented racial or ethnic minority in New Hampshire
- Speak a language other than English at home
- Live in a non-traditional head of household family structure (i.e. single parent, foster, or grandparent guardian)
* Note: All applications will be considered, but students who meet the criteria listed above will be prioritized
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Breakthrough is the program for you! Breakthrough offers challenging academics, positive relationships with peers and teachers, and the high energy of summer camp. Breakthrough is not only a multi-year academic program, but also a close community of teachers and learners.
As a Breakthrough student, you will:
- Improve your reading, writing, science and math skills through rigorous courses to give you a jumpstart on your next year of school
- Develop public speaking, leadership, time management, and advocacy skills
- Have energetic high school and college students as your teachers!
- Visit many colleges and go on exciting field trips!
- Try new things and have new adventures!
- HAVE FUN!!!